Learn the basics of Bitly's Connections Platform
- Glossary of Bitly terminology
- When did Bitly change its look and navigation?
- What is Bitly?
- Where can I learn more about how to use Bitly?
- What is the response time/latency when opening a Bitly link?
- Will using Bitly hurt my site’s SEO?
Start Using Bitly
- How do I log in to an account created through Twitter, Google, Facebook, or Apple?
- How do I sign up for a Bitly account?
- Does Bitly have a mobile app?
- How does a shortened link work?
- What kinds of images are allowed on my Link-in-bio or QR Code?
- Why am I getting an error message when I log in?
Custom Domain Basics
- What is a custom domain?
- Can I use my website's domain as my custom domain in my Bitly account?
- What are the letters at the end of a domain? Does it matter which one I select?
- What is a subdomain? Can I use a subdomain as my custom domain?
- Will my links still work if I change my custom domain?
- Can I buy or transfer the complimentary custom domain from Bitly?
Custom Domain Setup
- How do I buy a custom domain?
- Where can I buy a domain?
- How do I configure my DNS settings to brand my Bitly links?
- Why won't my domain verify?
- How do I get a complimentary custom domain from Bitly?
- Should I change the TTL setting for my custom domain?
Browsers & Extensions
- What are Bitly's supported browsers?
- How do I add Bitly to Microsoft Edge?
- How do I change my Bitly browser extension settings?
- How do I shorten links with the Bitly browser extension?
- How do I log in to the Bitly browser extension?
- How do I add Bitly to my Firefox browser?