This feature is available with some paid plans
A custom domain helps people recognize your links and associate them with your product or company. When they see your brand, they trust your links. That results in higher click-through rates.
To buy your own custom domain:
- Choose a domain hosting service, like GoDaddy. We have a list of common domain name providers that can be used to buy a domain.
- Search for a domain. Remember that any domain you purchase must have 32 characters or less, including the dot.
- Buy your domain. Follow the domain hosting service's steps to make your purchase.
Keep these things in mind as you choose and set up a custom domain:
- The domain for your short links must be different than your website domain.
- It can't be more than 32 characters long, including the dot.
- If you don't have one yet, Bitly offers a complimentary domain on some paid plans.