Bitly provides a free custom domain to brand your links with every first-time subscription upgrade.
This only applies when adding your first domain. So if you have your own short domain and want to get another, wait to add it until after you've completed the steps below!
To get started, navigate to the Custom Domains section of your account and click on "Get a domain from Bitly."
Here are the steps to complete this process:
- Click on the Menu at the top right of the dashboard
- Click on "Organization Settings"
- Click on "Custom Domains"
- Click on "Get a domain from Bitly"
- Search for available custom domains using the search bar
- Once you've found the one you'd like to choose, click on 'Select'
- Click "Confirm" to complete the selection
Please note: pursuant to the Bitly Domain User Agreement, you are not permitted to select a domain that infringes the trademarks or other intellectual property rights of a third party.
Your custom domain may take up to 24 hours to get verified, however, in most cases it's usually instant. Once verified, you're all set to start creating your custom branded links!