After you've created a custom link, you might have to change the page it's pointing to. We call this "redirecting" the link to a new target page.
This can happen if you update your website, want to keep a static link for different promotions, or simply make a mistake when you shorten the link.
You may redirect a link on your account once a month or more, depending on your subscription plan.
Links that begin with bit.ly or end with random strings (e.g., company.com/4t3hi789) cannot be redirected.
To edit the destination of the link:
- Select Custom Bitlinks from the top menu. The Bitlinks selection does not display your custom links.
- Click the link you would like to edit.
- Click Redirect. The Redirect panel will open on the right side of the page.
- Enter the new target URL.
- Click the Redirect button at the bottom of the panel.
Anyone clicking on the original link will now land on the new page you've entered.
When you select the link from the list of custom links, you will also see its redirect history. This includes the current target URL, previous URLs, the number of clicks each short link received, and the time span each target URL was active.