This feature is available with some paid plans
Instead of shortening one link at a time, you can create a batch of 100 short links at once by importing a CSV file on the Campaigns page. Each Campaign has a limit of 100 total links.
You'll need to download our template, fill in the spreadsheet with your link details, and then import the file.
To upload links in bulk to a Campaign:
These steps are for an existing Campaign. To add links in bulk while creating a Campaign, follow the steps in How to create a Campaign. When it's time to add links, return to this page and start at step 5.
- Log in to your Bitly account.
- Click Campaigns in the left sidebar.
- Select an existing Campaign.
- Click Add Links. The Add Links section opens on the right side of the window.
- Click Bulk import URLs from CSV.
- Click template to download the file, or download it now.
- Enter the information for up to 100 links. These are the fields in each column:
- Long URL: The URL that will be shortened.
- Channel: Channel within the Campaign where the link will shorten into. This must exactly match the channel in your Campaign, with identical capitalization, punctuation, spacing, spelling, etc.
- Title (optional): A custom title for your shortened link.
- Keyword (optional): The text that appears after the backslash in the short link. If you leave this blank, a random string of characters will be generated.
- Save the template with your changes.
- Click Select file to import your saved template.
- Click Create Bitlinks.
Troubleshooting upload errors
If an error occurs, check your CSV file for these potential issues:
- Did you change or delete any column headers?
- Do the channel names in your spreadsheet match those in the Campaign? Check capitalization, punctuation, spelling, and spacing.
- Have the long URLs in your spreadsheet already been shortened in your account?
If you've checked your spreadsheet for those issues and are still getting an error when uploading your links, let us know so that we can help investigate the cause of the issue.