This feature is available with some paid plans
Mobile deep link analytics give you insight into how your links are performing when opened by mobile users. In addition to the engagement data you always get in Bitly, deep link analytics show how often a link led to any of these events:
- App sessions
- Mobile web sessions
- App store visits
- App installations
The Bitly SDK is required to be able to collect app sessions and app installations.
To check your deep link data for a link:
- Log in to your Bitly account.
- Click Links in the left sidebar.
- Find the link with the mobile stats you want to view and scroll down to Mobile deep link stats.
App installationss are defined as the first time the app is opened after being downloaded to a device. This metric is based on deterministic and probabilistic counting:
- Deterministic — Matching based on unique user information like cookies and mobile identifiers.
- Probabilistic — Proprietary algorithm based on different user inputs at the time of click to match the content on the initial app open.
When an app is deleted and reinstalled, that counts as a new app install.