This feature is available with some paid plans
Mobile deep links help your audience get the best experience possible, while also promoting app installs. When someone opens a short link on their mobile device, the link takes them directly to the correct content in your mobile app or to your app store listing.
Use this guide to:
Learn more about mobile deep links
Still learning about mobile deep links or curious about how they work in Bitly? Check out these resources:
- What are mobile deep links?
Learn about how mobile deep links work and the different types of deep links.
- What analytics can I get for my mobile deep links?
Learn about the different ways you can track the success of your mobile deep links.
- Where can I find public examples of Bitly's mobile deep links?
See mobile deep linking in action.
Set up your account for mobile deep linking
There are a few things you have to do in your account before creating mobile deep links:
- How do I add my mobile apps to my Bitly account?
First, add the apps to your account.
- How do I connect my Bitly custom domain to my mobile apps?
Your custom domain needs to be configured for deep linking.
- Does Bitly have an SDK?
Spoiler: Yes, we do! It needs to be installed in your mobile apps for mobile deep links to work.
Once you've set up your domain and apps, all links on that custom domain are enabled for mobile deep linking.
Create mobile deep links
As you create short links with your deep link-enabled custom domain, remember that your links' long URLs need to exist in your app for the deep links to work.
- How do I create links in Bitly?
Once a custom domain is set up for deep linking, all you have to do is create links with your deep link-enabled custom domain.
Edit mobile deep links
You can change your deep link settings for specific links. It's also possible to add multiple apps and to choose which links go to which app.
- Can I change or override my mobile deep link settings for individual links?
Learn how to change your settings for individual links.
- I want to create deep links to another app. How do I do this?
Learn how to link to multiple apps.