This feature is available with some paid plans
Custom Scheme deep links allow you to create mobile deep links on a link-by-link basis. Because Apple deprecated this method on iOS 9 and above, we recommend using the industry-standard methods of Universal Links and Android App Links instead.
To create Custom Scheme links:
- Log in to your Bitly account.
- Find the link you want to turn into a deep link. Use search or filters, if needed.
- Click the three dots and select Add mobile behavior.
- Select your app platform(s).
- Choose your app. The default settings for the Interstitial Preference and Install URL are inherited from the configured app but can be updated for individual links.
- Mobile Path: The deep link URI (also known as Custom Scheme), which provides the route to the content to be loaded in the app. This route, similar to web URLs, has a unique structure based on how the app was built. Note: If you don't know the mobile path, contact your mobile development team.
Interstitial Preference: If someone doesn't have the app installed, the link can take them to a few different places instead. This can be unique for iOS and Android.
- Off: They'll be taken to the correct page in their mobile browser.
- Interstitial: They'll be taken to an interstitial on mobile web where they can choose to go to the Install URL to download the app or be taken to the content in mobile web.
- App store (Google Play Store or Apple App Store): They'll be taken to the Install URL to download the app. If you have multiple apps configured, they'll be taken to the listing for the first app in the list.
- Install URL: The URL that will be used when Interstitial or App Store is selected as the Install Preference.
- Click Save.