Through Mobile Deep Linking you can enable individual links to be a deep link by associating it directly with your app using the Custom Scheme deep linking method.
- NOTE: Apple has deprecated this method with iOS 9+ by requiring the user to jump through additional steps before reaching your app.
Creating Custom Scheme Deep Links
1. The first step is to configure your mobile apps through the group permissions section of Bitly Enterprise
- NOTE: Your mobile app must contain an App Scheme.
2. Create a link or edit an existing link.
3. Click the Add Mobile Behavior link, select either iOS or Android operating system for your app, and then select the desired app:
4. Enter the mobile path, install preference, and install URL.
- Mobile Path: The deep link URI (also known as Custom Scheme) which provides the route to the content to be loaded in the app. This route, similar to web URLs, will have a unique structure based on how the app was built.
- NOTE: If you do not know the mobile path contact your mobile development team.
- Install Preference: The mobile experience shown to a user when the app is not already installed on the mobile device. This can be uniquely set for iOS and Android.
- OFF - User will be automatically taken to the content in mobile web.
- INTERSTITIAL - User will be taken to an interstitial on mobile web where they can choose to go to the Install URL to download the app or be taken to the content in mobile web.
- APP STORE - User will be automatically taken to the Install URL to download the app.
- Install URL: The URL that will be used when Interstitial or App Store is selected as the Install Preference.
- NOTE: The default settings for the Install Preference and Install URL are inherited from the configured app but can be updated for individual links.