The amount of data visible on your dashboard or for individual links varies by plan. Export data to view your metrics for a larger date range or to do additional analysis.
These steps show you how to export all of your data from the Links page. To export data for a selection of links (from a single link to 100 links), visit How do I export link data for a select group of links?
The amount of data available in your exports depends on your plan. Contact us with questions about the data available to you.
Because there may be a lot of data, export files from the Links page will be emailed to you.
To export click data from the Links page:
- Log in to your Bitly account.
- Click Links in the left sidebar.
- Select Date created or Top performing. Optionally, apply any relevant filters.
Note: To set a custom date range, you must choose Top performing. Visit How do I filter for a specific date range? for more information.
- To set a desired date range, click the dates in the top-right corner of the window.
- Click Export.
- Choose an email address to receive the CSV file and click Export links.
- Go to your email inbox and find the export email from Bitly.
Note: Exports with large amounts of data can take up to 30 minutes to be delivered.
- Open the email and click View Report. The report file will download automatically.
If you filtered your links by Date created, your export file includes these fields:
- Bitlink (even custom links have this field)
- Custom Bitlink (if a custom back-half was used for that particular link)
- Date created
- Title (if available)
- Long URL
- Clicks for all time
- Status (e.g. if the link has been deleted)
If you filtered your links by Top performing, your export file includes those same fields, plus clicks for the selected range.