We updated Bitly's navigation menu in September, 2022!
If you're used to the old look, check out the changes.
You can delete your account from your profile settings. This will remove all of your account's information permanently from our system.
Please note, if you are trying to downgrade or end a subscription, you will need to follow the steps to downgrade your account before requesting deletion. Deleting your account will NOT end a subscription and you will still be charged.
To do so:
1. Log into your account
2. Click on Settings
3. NOTE: if you have not yet downgraded your subscription, please follow the steps below prior to deleting your account.
- Select an option below your current plan.
- Select your changes from the plan page.
- Depending on your selection, you may be asked to confirm your choice.
- You'll then view the confirmation page and can continue to your account.
4. In the Profile tab, scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click Delete Account
After confirming deletion you'll then be all set! Keep in mind, the deletion process may take up to 30 days in some cases to fully process.
If you just subscribed to a Bitly plan, please note that deleting your account WILL NOT stop any pending charges. Please follow the steps above to downgrade your account first. Your account will continue to be charged if you do not downgrade prior to deletion.
Once an account has been queued for deletion, this cannot be undone. If you wish to continue utilizing Bitly, you will need to create a new account.