This feature is available with some paid plans
With auto-branding, a website owner can set a specific custom domain to be used for Short Links to that website, regardless of who creates the link. When someone uses Bitly to shorten a link to an auto-branded website, the link uses that custom domain by default.
Here are some real-life examples that you may have seen:
- Links to the Bitly Help Center auto-brand to bitly.is
- Links to Amazon auto-brand to amzn.to
- Links ESPN auto-brand to es.pn
- Links to Etsy auto-brand to etsy.me
- Links to Major League Baseball auto brand to atmlb.com
Get auto-branding for your website
Auto-branding is available with Enterprise plans only. To activate it, prepare a list of your website domains and talk to your Customer Success Manager.
Shorten links to auto-branded websites
If you notice that your Short Link's domain changed when you shorten a link, the website you're linking to probably uses auto-branding.
It isn't possible to use bit.ly for these links, but if you have a custom domain, you can select it instead of the auto-branded domain.