Configuring a Branded Short Domain for deep linking is easy once you have set up mobile apps in Bitly Enterprise, simply follow these steps to create site association files for your Branded Short Domain:
1. Navigate to the Brand Manager section of your Enterprise account. NOTE: Only Account admin are allowed to access Brand Manager and configure Branded Short Domains.
2. Click on the Branded Short Domain tab and choose the Branded Short Domain to be used for deep linking. This will pull up the Domain Options action panel.
3. Select the Mobile Behavior option and choose the iOS or Android apps to be configured for the domain. NOTE: Only apps with Apple App IDs will appear in this list.
4. Choose the app configuration settings for the Branded Short Domain:
- App Priority: The order the mobile operating system will follow when trying to open apps. If an app with a higher priority order is not installed on the mobile device the OS will try the next app in the order listed. The order can be adjusted by dragging and dropping the app into the desired order.
- Fallback: The app that will determine Install URL to be used in the event no listed apps are already installed on the mobile device of the user clicking the deep link.
- Install Preference: The mobile experience to be shown to a user with no listed apps already installed on the mobile device. NOTE: The Install Preference can be unique for iOS and Android.
- OFF - User will be automatically taken to the content in mobile web.
- INTERSTITIAL - User will be taken to an interstitial on mobile web where they can choose to go to the Install URL to download the app or be taken to the content in mobile web.
- APP STORE - User will be automatically taken to the Install URL to download the app.
5. Click the 'Add Apps to Domain' button to finish configuring the selected apps / settings for the Branded Short Domain.
That's it! You can verify the apps are configured properly on the Branded Short Domain by viewing the site association files at:
- iOS: https://[INSERT_BRANDED_SHORT_DOMAIN]/apple-app-site-association
- Android: https://[INSERT_BRANDED_SHORT_DOMAIN]/.well-known/assetlinks.json
- It can take up to 10 mins to see updates to the site association file due to caching.
- Once one or more apps are associated to a Branded Short Domain, all Bitlinks created on that domain will be deep link enabled.