A custom domain helps people recognize and associate your links with your product or company. When they see your brand, they trust your links, and that results in higher click-through rates.
Buying a domain is a simple process:
- Go to a domain hosting service like GoDaddy. Here's a list of common domain hosting services you can use.
- Search for a domain. Remember that any link domain you purchase must have 32 characters or less.
- Follow the domain hosting service's steps to purchase your domain.
Once you've purchased a domain, you can then add it to Bitly and start creating links that include your brand!
Keep these things in mind as you choose and set up a custom domain:
- The domain for your short links must be different than your website domain.
- It can't be more than 32 characters long, including the dot.
- If you don't have one yet, Bitly offers a complimentary domain on some paid plans.