We updated Bitly's navigation menu in September, 2022!
If you're used to the old look, check out the changes.
Add Bitly’s WordPress plugin to your WordPress site to shorten links to your posts and view click data without leaving WordPress.
If you're familiar with adding a plugin to WordPress directly, you can upload the ZIP file attached to this article. Otherwise, follow these steps:
- Go to your WordPress plugins settings
- Click Add New
- Search for Bitly
- Click Install Now
- Click Activate
- Scroll down the list of your installed plugins, find WP Bitly, and click Settings
- Now you'll connect the plugin to your Bitly account. Scroll down to WP Bitly and click Authorize
- Sign in to Bitly and click Allow. The plugin will retrieve an authorization from Bitly and update the Bitly OAuth Token field
- Scroll down and click Save Changes
- Select which types of entries you'll be creating short links for
- If you are connected to more than one account, select an account with the group and domain you would like to use for your short links
- If your Bitly account has more than one group, select a group. This is the group where your short links will be saved in Bitly.
- If your Bitly account has more than one custom domain, select a domain. This is the domain that will be used for your short links.
- Click Save Changes
Now that the plugin is installed and configured, you can shorten links when you create a new post!