Add Bitly’s WordPress plugin to your WordPress site to shorten links to your posts and view click data without leaving WordPress.
If you're familiar with adding a plugin to WordPress directly, you can upload the ZIP file attached to this article. Otherwise, follow these steps:
- Go to your WordPress plugins settings.
- Click Add New.
- Search for Bitly.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate.
- Scroll down the list of your installed plugins, find WP Bitly, and click Settings.
- Now you'll connect the plugin to your Bitly account. Scroll down to WP Bitly and click Authorize.
- Log in to Bitly and click Allow. The plugin will retrieve an authorization from Bitly and update the Bitly OAuth Token field.
- Scroll down and click Save Changes.
- Select which types of entries you'll be creating short links for.
- If you are connected to more than one account, select an account with the group and domain you would like to use for your short links.
- If your Bitly account has more than one group, select a group. This is the group where your short links will be saved in Bitly.
- If your Bitly account has more than one custom domain, select a domain. This is the domain that will be used for your short links.
- Click Save Changes.
Now that the plugin is installed and configured, you can shorten links when you create a new post!