2-factor authentication (2fa) adds an additional layer of protection to your Bitly account. To learn more, visit What is 2-factor authentication?
To set up 2-factor authentication:
- Log in to your Bitly account and click Settings in the left sidebar.
- On the Profile page, scroll down until you find 2-Factor authentication.
- Select your country and enter your mobile number.
A "real" mobile number must be used for 2-factor authentication in Bitly. VoIP numbers are not supported.
- Click Send verification code.
- We'll send a verification code to the phone number you provided. Enter the verification code and click Enable.
The next time you log in, we'll send you a security code that you can enter to access Bitly. If you're on a trusted device (like your own computer), you can select Remember this device for 30 days.