The first time you log in after your company or organization switches to using single sign-on (SSO), you're prompted to enter your current Bitly password. This links your existing account to the SSO service used by your organization.
You only have to do this once — you'll never need to enter your password again.
These instructions are for those who have an existing Bitly account. If you're logging in with a new account, follow the steps at How to log in to Bitly with SSO.
To link an existing Bitly account to SSO:
- Go to bitly.com. Sign out, if you're already logged in.
- Click Log in at the top of the Bitly home page.
- Click Continue with Single Sign On.
- Enter the email address used for your Bitly account.
If you get an error at this point, contact the Bitly account admin who set up your account for SSO. Your email address's domain needs to be included in your account's SSO setup.
- Sign in through your organization's SSO service.
- Follow the prompts to log in with your existing password and continue to Bitly.
Next time you log in, just follow the usual SSO login steps. You won't need to enter your old Bitly password again.