When you subscribe or upgrade to some paid plans, you may get the option to choose a complimentary custom domain instead of adding one that you purchased elsewhere.
If you don't choose one at that time, you can return to your settings and choose one later (as long as you haven't already added your own domain).
To choose a complimentary domain:
- Log in to your Bitly account.
- Click Settings in the left sidebar.
- Click Custom Domains.
- Click Add a domain.
- Click Get a domain from Bitly.
- Click Next.
- Search for a custom domain. (Check out our list of top-level domains available with a complimentary domain.)
Pursuant to the Bitly Domain User Agreement, you are not permitted to select a domain that infringes the trademarks or other intellectual property rights of a third party.
- Once you've found the one you'd like to use, click Select.
- Click Confirm.
Your custom domain may take up to 24-48 hours to verify. If it hasn't verified after 48 hours, contact us and our support team will help.
Once verified, you're all set to start creating your custom or branded links!