When you first upgrade to some plans, you may be prompted to search for a complimentary custom domain. If you don't choose one at that time, you can always return to your settings and choose one later (if you haven't already added your own domain).
Here's how to choose a complimentary domain:
- Log in to your Bitly account.
- Click Settings in the left sidebar.
- Click Custom Domains.
- Click Add a domain.
- Click Get a domain from Bitly.
- Click Next.
- Search for a custom domain. (See our list of top-level domains.)
Pursuant to the Bitly Domain User Agreement, you are not permitted to select a domain that infringes the trademarks or other intellectual property rights of a third party.
- Once you've found the one you'd like to use, click Select.
- Click Confirm.
Your custom domain may take up to 24-48 hours to verify. Once verified, you're all set to start creating your custom or branded links!