Create QR Codes to present quick, scannable shortcuts to your site. You can place them on printed material, banner ads, and anywhere people could scan a code with their phone's camera.
This not only gives your target audience a quick path to your content, it also lets you track the activity on each code by looking at its unique link metrics.
In addition to generating QR Codes through the Bitly app, you can also create them programmatically through the Bitly API.
- Go to All Links or Custom Links.
- Select a link.
- Click QR Code. The code will be generated and displayed.
- Depending on your subscription plan, you'll see different QR Code formats and options. Lower plans include Bitly-branded QR Codes, higher plans include a color selector and a SVG file download.
- Test your code with the camera on your phone or tablet. (Here's some guidance for Android and iOS.)
- Click Download. You can also right-click or long-press the code image and select Copy. The QR Code image is generated as a PNG file.
- Paste or upload the image into a document.
- View your metrics and watch the scans/clicks roll in!
For the experts out there: Bitly uses level M error correction on our QR Codes.