Create QR Codes to present quick, scannable shortcuts to your site. Place them on printed material, banner ads, and anywhere else people could scan a code with their phone's camera.
When you create a QR Code in Bitly, you don't just give your target audience a quick path to your content. You can also track the activity on each code by looking at its unique link metrics.
There are a couple of ways to create a QR Code with Bitly:
- Create a brand-new QR Code
- Create a QR Code for a link already in your account
- Create QR Codes programmatically through the Bitly API
Create a brand-new QR Code
Follow these steps to create a QR Code. When you create one, a new short link is also created for the same destination URL.
Prefer to go mobile? You can do this in the mobile app, too.
- Log in to Bitly.
- Click Create new in the left sidebar and select QR Code.
- Enter the destination URL and, optionally, a title for your QR Code. You can also customize the short link that will be created along with your QR Code.
- Depending on your subscription plan, you may be able to customize your QR Code. To do so, click Customize at the top of the screen and choose your customizations.
The preview on the right updates to show what your QR Code will look like.
- Click Create QR Code in the top-right corner.
- Download and share your new QR Code!
Create a QR Code for a link already in your account
Follow these steps to create a QR Code for any link in your Bitly account.
- Log in to Bitly.
- Select Links or Custom links in the left sidebar.
- Select a link.
- Click Create QR Code. This option looks different depending on whether you're in Links or Custom links.
Links list Custom links list
- Depending on your subscription plan, you may be able to customize your QR code.
- Test your code with the camera on your phone or tablet.
- Close the QR Code box, click the three dots next to your new QR Code, and download your QR Code.
QR Codes are available as PNG files. If you have a Premium or Enterprise plan, you can choose between PNG and SVG.
- Paste or upload the image into a document.
- View your metrics and watch the scans/clicks roll in!
For the experts out there: Bitly uses level M error correction on our QR Codes.