This feature is available with some paid plans
Your custom domain settings include several security options:
- HTTPS: URLs begin with either HTTP or HTTPS. HTTPS connections makes the browsing experience more secure by preventing eavesdropping or tampering by third parties.
- HSTS: HSTS allows browsers to "remember" that all links on a domain should use HTTPS. HSTS is recommended for all domains with HTTPS enabled.
- Upgrade insecure requests: This allows browsers to use HTTPS even if the short link starts with HTTP.
Your custom domain security settings also show whether your custom domain has a valid SSL certificate. Your SSL certificate was generated automatically when you configured your DNS settings for your custom domain.
If you've purchased a custom SSL certificate and would like it enabled for your Bitly Enterprise account, please contact your Account Manager.
To update your custom domain security settings:
- Log in to your Bitly account.
- Click Settings in the left sidebar.
- In your Account settings, select Custom domains. If you're in multiple accounts, be sure to pick Custom domains under the correct account.
- Next to your custom domain, click Manage.
- Under Security, find your HTTPS settings and other security options. Toggle any on or off as needed.