Here’s how to shorten a link in Bitly:
- Log in to Bitly.
- Click Create new in the top-left corner and select Link.
Tip: You can also hit the letter “b” on your keyboard as a shortcut.
- Enter the link you’d like to shorten in the Destination field and, optionally, add a title. A title can make your link easier to find later on.
If you just need a short link to share, you can press Enter (on a PC) or Return (on a Mac) to create your link now.
To take advantage of our advanced link-shortening features (like customizing your short URL, using UTMs, creating a QR Code, and more), continue to the next steps.
- Choose whether you want to use UTM parameters when you share your link. If you do, toggle the UTM parameters switch and enter your UTMs in the relevant fields.
- Customize your short link: Add a custom back-half if desired (you’ll see how many custom back-halves you have left this month). If you have a paid subscription, you can choose to use your custom domain.
- Toggle the QR Code option to create a QR Code for this link. With some paid plans, you can also modify the QR Code.
- Toggle the Link-in-bio option to add this link to your Bitly Link-in-bio. After you create the link, head over to your Link-in-bio page to publish it.
- Select Create in the bottom-right corner. Your link will be created and copied to your clipboard, ready for you to share!
Want to know what else you can do with your links? Visit Managing Your Links to learn more.