2-Factor authentication adds an additional layer of protection to your Bitly account. Also known as 2-Factor verification, 2-Step verification, 2fa, and other names, 2-Factor authentication requires you to enter a one-time security code when you log in.
We'll send this security code to your mobile device, so even if someone knows your username and password, they can't access your Bitly account unless they have physical control of your phone.
Here's how to set up 2-Factor authentication:
- Log in to your Bitly account and click Settings in the left sidebar.
- On the Profile page, scroll down until you find 2-Factor authentication.
- Select your country and enter your mobile number.
- Click Send verification code.
- We'll send a verification code to the phone number you provided. Enter the verification code and click Enable.
The next time you log in, we'll send you a security code that you can enter to access Bitly. If you're on a trusted device (like your own computer), you can select Remember this device for 30 days.