What is Canva?
Canva is a free, online graphic design tool that anyone can use to create flyers or other printed material, presentations, social media posts, wireframes, and more. If you can imagine it, you can design it in Canva.
Canva has thousands of templates and makes it easy to collaborate with others on your designs, whiteboards, or documents.
Learn more at Canva.com.
Why integrate Bitly with Canva?
Connect your Bitly and Canva accounts to easily drag and drop your Bitly QR Codes and short links into your designs. You can create new QR Codes and short links within Canva or quickly insert any of the 50 most recently created ones in your Bitly account.
Unlike other QR Code apps in Canva, any QR Codes you create in-app can be accessed again anytime within Canva or in your Bitly account. This means you can reuse the same QR Code on multiple designs.
In addition to giving you the ability to create flexible and reusable QR Codes, Bitly is the only short link provider available in Canva. And of course, you also get all of the engagement data that you get with all of your Bitly links and QR Codes.
How do I use the Bitly Canva app?
Learn how to:
- Connect Bitly to Canva
- Create a new QR Code in Canva
- Add an existing QR Code to a design
- Customize your QR Codes
Connect Bitly to Canva
The first time you use the Bitly app, you're asked to sign in.
To connect your Bitly account to Canva:
- Go to Bitly QR Codes (& Links) in the Canva app marketplace. Log in to your Canva account, if necessary.
If you already have a project open, use the App menu in the left sidebar and search for Bitly to open the Bitly app. Then skip ahead to step 3.
- Select Use in existing design or Use in new design.
- Your project opens with the Bitly app in the left sidebar. Click Connect to connect your accounts.
- If you're not signed in to Bitly, log in or sign up.
The Bitly Canva app uses your default API group and default account (if you're in multiple accounts). To change the account or group your QR Codes are created in, click Settings:
Click Save changes once you've made your selections:
Create a QR Code in Canva
To create a QR Code in Canva:
- Log in to your Canva account and open a project.
- Click QR Codes (& Links) in the left sidebar.
- Click + Create new.
- Enter your destination URL. Each Bitly QR Code comes with a short link as well, but you can choose to create a link only.
- To change the domain, create a custom back-half, or add a title to your link, toggle Customize link.
- Click Generate.
- To change the foreground color or remove the Bitly logo (if available with your subscription plan), open the QR Code design section.
Your QR Code is now ready to share! Drag and drop it into your design to use it.
Add an existing QR Code to Canva
The Bitly app in the left panel of Canva shows up to 50 of your most recent QR Codes. To use one, select it and drag it into your design.
Customize a QR Code in Canva
For new QR Codes created in Canva, you have the option to change the foreground color and remove the Bitly logo (if available with your subscription plan). Full customization options are coming soon. For now, you can customize your QR Code in Bitly, find it in Canva, and drag-and-drop it into your design.