This feature is available with some paid plans
To shorten links in bulk:
- Log in to your Bitly account.
- Click Create new and select Link.
- Click bulk upload in the bottom-left corner of the window.
- Click the template link to download the template for your CSV file. Use this file as a template for all of your uploads.
- Note the column names in the file. These are the labels that Bitly uses to find the fields for the URL that you will be shortening and, optionally, the custom back-half that you would like to use.
Note: Be sure to keep the original column names. They're what we use to match up and process your links.
- Either paste your list of links into the template file or edit your existing file so that it has columns with the same names as the template.
- If you won't be using back-halves, tags, and/or titles, delete the placeholder in those fields, not the column header. If no back-halves are provided, we use a random set of characters.
- Save the file on your computer as a CSV file.
- Return to Bitly and click Select File in the CSV bulk shortening window. Choose the CSV file you've created.
- Select the domain to use for these short links.
- Click Submit CSV
- Check your email inbox for an update on your upload. Depending on the size of your file, it could take from minutes to hours to process your links.
- Click the link in the email to view your new links in Bitly.
If you receive an email that indicates there's a problem with your upload, correct any errors and follow the steps above to try again. To help you resolve issues, go to How do I troubleshoot bulk upload errors?
You can also check the status of an upload and download the results from your account settings. Visit How do I check the status of a bulk shortening CSV file? for instructions.