Our new Apps and Integrations Marketplace is live! Check out the Hootsuite page on the Marketplace for more information about this integration.
What is Hootsuite?
Hootsuite is a social media platform to manage your social network presence and measure the impact of your campaigns. With Hootsuite, you can manage content, schedule posts, and track your campaigns through reports.
Why should I enable this integration?
Activating the integration will add a Bitly selection to your link shortener options when creating a post in Composer.
Your admin can also create link presets that will automatically apply the Bitly link shortener for everyone in your organization. While your posts will be managed in Hootsuite, your link metrics can remain in Bitly.
Who can set this up?
Hootsuite organization admins and super admins with a Bitly account login.
Adding an external link shortener is available with Hootsuite's Business and Enterprise plans.
How do I connect Hootsuite to Bitly?
First, contact your Hootsuite customer success manager to activate external URL shorteners on your account. Then follow these steps to activate the Bitly integration:
- Go to the Hootsuite Composer and add a long link in the Content field.
- Click Add tracking.
- Click the Preset dropdown and select Manage link presets.
- Select Bit.ly shorteners in the left sidebar.
- Click Authorize.
- Select Bit.ly.
- Enter a name for this link preset and click Add new shortener.
- Click Allow on the authorization page. If you're not signed in to Bitly, you'll be prompted to log in first.
Visit Hootsuite's Help Center for additional help.