Bitly has introduced a new navigation menu and interface!
Learn how to switch the look of your Bitly account.
What is Google Sheets?
Google Sheets is the spreadsheet application included with Google's G Suite product. There are many add-ons for G Suite that add functions and features to the apps. Advanced URL Shortener for Google Sheets is an add-on to connect your Bitly account to your Google Sheets toolbar.
Because we didn't create this add-on, we won't be able to help you troubleshoot issues on the Google Sheets side. You can contact the developer, Digital Thoughts, for assistance.
Why should I add this to Google Sheets?
If you're managing shared links in Google Sheets, Advanced URL Shortener makes it easy to shorten the links and view their click metrics directly in the spreadsheet. You can shorten one link at a time with the free version and need to upgrade for bulk updating.
Who can set this up?
Anyone with Google Sheets and a Bitly account.
How do I install the add-on?
- Open a sheet in Google Sheets.
- Click Add-ons and select Get add-ons.
- Search for Bitly, scroll down to Advanced URL Shortener, and click + Free to install it.
- Follow the Google prompts to verify your account and grant permissions to the add-on.
How do I use Advanced URL Shortener?
- Open a Google Sheet.
- Click the Add-ons menu.
- Select Advanced URL Shortener.
- Click Start.