What is Google Sheets?
Google Sheets is the spreadsheet application included with Google's Workspace product. There are many add-ons for Workspace that add functions and features to the apps. Advanced URL Shortener is a third-party add-on to connect your Bitly account to your Google Sheets toolbar.
Because we didn't create this add-on, we won't be able to help you troubleshoot issues on the Google Sheets side. You can contact the developer, Digital Thoughts, for assistance.
Why should I add Bitly to Google Sheets?
If you're managing shared links in Google Sheets, Advanced URL Shortener makes it easy to shorten links and view engagement data directly in a spreadsheet. You can shorten one link at a time with the free version or upgrade to shorten links in bulk.
Who can set this up?
Anyone with Google Sheets and a Bitly account.
How do I install the add-on?
- Open a sheet in Google Sheets.
- In the Extensions menu, select Add-ons, then Get add-ons.
- Search for Bitly and select Advanced URL Shortener. Be sure to select the version for Google Sheets rather than Google Docs.
- Click Install.
- Follow the Google prompts to verify your account and grant permissions to the add-on.
- In the Extensions menu, select Advanced URL Shortener, then Authorize/Disconnect Bitly.
- Advanced URL Shortener opens in the right sidebar. Click Connect to Bitly.
- Click Allow on the authorization page. If you're not signed in to Bitly, you'll be prompted to log in first.
How do I use Advanced URL Shortener?
- Open a Google Sheet.
- In the Extensions menu, select Advanced URL Shortener, then Start.
- Advanced URL Shortener opens in the right sidebar. You can shorten long URLs, expand Short Links, and retrieve click data for selected links.