Our new Apps and Integrations Marketplace is live! Check out the Google Sheets page on the Marketplace for more information about this integration.
What is Google Sheets?
Google Sheets is the spreadsheet application included with Google's Workspace product. There are many add-ons for Workspace that add functions and features to the apps. Advanced URL Shortener is a third-party add-on to connect your Bitly account to your Google Sheets toolbar.
Because we didn't create this add-on, we won't be able to help you troubleshoot issues on the Google Sheets side. You can contact the developer, Digital Thoughts, for assistance.
Why should I add Bitly to Google Sheets?
If you're managing shared links in Google Sheets, Advanced URL Shortener makes it easy to shorten links and view engagement data directly in a spreadsheet. You can shorten one link at a time with the free version or upgrade to shorten links in bulk.
Who can set this up?
Anyone with Google Sheets and a Bitly account.
How do I install the add-on?
- Open a sheet in Google Sheets.
- In the Extensions menu, select Add-ons, then Get add-ons.
- Search for Bitly and select Advanced URL Shortener. Be sure to select the version for Google Sheets rather than Google Docs.
- Click Install.
- Follow the Google prompts to verify your account and grant permissions to the add-on.
- In the Extensions menu, select Advanced URL Shortener, then Authorize/Disconnect Bitly.
- Advanced URL Shortener opens in the right sidebar. Click Connect to Bitly.
- Click Allow on the authorization page. If you're not signed in to Bitly, you'll be prompted to log in first.
How do I use Advanced URL Shortener?
- Open a Google Sheet.
- In the Extensions menu, select Advanced URL Shortener, then Start.
- Advanced URL Shortener opens in the right sidebar. You can shorten long URLs, expand Short Links, and retrieve click data for selected links.