Our new Apps and Integrations Marketplace is live! Check out the Sprout Social page on the Marketplace for more information about this integration.
What is Sprout Social?
Sprout Social is a social media management platform for companies and agencies. The platform gives you one place to manage social media publishing, analytics, and engagement across all of your social profiles.
Why should I enable this integration?
Sprout Social shortens links that you include in social posts. By connecting to Bitly, those short links are created through your Bitly account. This means you can keep your links and click metrics all in one place, making it easier to track the success of your efforts.
Who can set this up?
Anyone with a Sprout Social account and a Bitly account.
While we are happy to help you with Bitly troubleshooting, like verifying your rate limits, Sprout Social built this integration and can help you if encounter any problems. For more information, visit Sprout Social's Help Center.
How do I connect Sprout Social to Bitly?
- Log in to your Sprout Social account.
- Click Account and settings in the bottom-left corner, then select Settings.
- Click Account settings.
- Scroll down to Settings by Group. Click Connect next to the group that you want to connect to Bitly.
You can use the same or different Bitly accounts or groups for each Sprout Social group.
- Click Allow on the authorization page. If you're not signed in to Bitly, you'll be prompted to log in first.
- If you have multiple groups in your Bitly account, select which one you'd like to use to shorten your links in Sprout Social. Then click Done.
Now when you're composing a message that includes a URL, click Shorten Links.