To use the Bitly API, you'll need an OAuth access token to authorize and authenticate the connection to Bitly.
To generate your OAuth access token:
- Log in to your Bitly account.
- Click Settings in the left sidebar.
- Under Developer Settings, click API.
- Under Access token, enter your Bitly account password and click Generate token.
- Copy the token. If you leave this page and then return, you'll be prompted to enter your password again to view the token.
You can now paste the token into your code or settings to connect via the API.
Protect your token. If it does get exposed to anyone outside your organization, you can always manually disable this one and generate a new one.