Bitly has a simple UTM creator that you can use to add UTM parameters to a destination URL while you shorten it. This gives you a short link that's easy to share while still capturing all of the valuable information that UTMs can provide.
Have lots of links or plan to share a link across multiple channels? Consider creating a campaign instead.
To add UTM parameters to a link:
- Log in to Bitly.
- Click Create new in the top-left corner and select Link.
Tip: You can also hit the letter “b” on your keyboard as a shortcut.
- Enter the link you'd like to shorten in the Destination field and, optionally, add a title. A title can make your link easier to find later on.
- Toggle the UTM parameters switch and enter your UTMs in the relevant fields. As you add UTM parameters, the UTM tag preview updates with how these will look at the end of your long link. These UTM parameters will not show up on your short links.
With our higher paid plans, you can save this new UTM parameter or select one you've previously saved.
- If you have a paid subscription with a custom domain, select your domain or use bit.ly.
- Enter a custom back-half to make your link more unique. Your limit for custom back-halves depends on your plan.
- Toggle the QR Code and Link-in-bio options, if desired.
- Select Create in the bottom-right corner. Your link will be created and copied to your clipboard, ready for you to share!
On the Link Details page, you can see that your UTM parameters have been added to your long link: