When shortening links, you can choose which domain you would like your links to be automatically shortened with.
By default, the bit.ly domain is selected. If you have a custom domain configured to your Bitly account, you can set this as the default domain for new links.
- Log in to your Bitly account.
- Click Settings in the left sidebar.
- Under Account settings, select Groups.
- Select the group you would like to change the default domain for. If you don't use multiple groups, only one option shows here.
- If you've enabled your custom domain for this group, you'll see the option to toggle between the bit.ly domain and your custom domain.
Select your new default and click Update Default Domain.
If your custom domain isn't listed, select Add Custom Domain, choose your custom domain, and click Save Domains. You can then set it as your default domain.
And there you go! The newly selected domain will be used automatically when shortening links.