What is Revive Old Posts?
Revive Old Posts (ROP) automatically shares your WordPress posts across social media according to a schedule that you set.
Why should I enable this integration?
When you connect Bitly to ROP, links to your post will automatically be shortened with your Bitly settings. This means your short links can display your custom domain and your clicks will be captured in your Bitly click metrics.
How do I connect Revive Old Posts to Bitly?
First, you'll need to generate a generic access token in Bitly.
- Log in to Bitly
- Click Settings
- Click API under Developer Settings
- If you have more than one group, select the one you'd like to use to shorten your links in ROP. You can select your default group from the Apps menu under Profile Settings If you only have one, you can skip this step.
- To generate a Generic Access Token, enter your Bitly account password
- Click Generate Token
- Your token will generate below the password field
Your token is highly sensitive. Please do not share your token or limit who you share it with.
Now you'll paste the token into your ROP Dashboard.
- Log in to Revive Old Posts
- Go to your ROP Dashboard
- Select bit.ly from the URL Shortener Service field
- Paste your Bitly token in the Generic Access Token field
- Save your changes
You can also view Revive's help article on this topic.