Knowing where users are when they click your links can help you track and plan campaigns to maximize your marketing efforts.
City data is available with an Enterprise subscription.
You'll find country and city data in both your dashboard and in individual link metrics on the All Links page.
Data for individual links
To view location data for a specific link, select All Links from the navigation menu and click the link. Location data will appear in the lower-right corner of the metrics panel.
Data from the dashboard
Select Dashboard from the navigation menu and location metrics will appear in the lower right corner. Click the date in the upper right to filter your links by date.
Click Countries or Cities to view the selected data. Click Export CSV to download a CSV file with up to 500 rows of data.
Here are a few things to know about this data:
- Bitly will list the top 20 countries or cities on-screen, and you can export data for up to 500 locations.
- City data is available for October 14, 2019 and after. Bitly started collecting city data on October 13, 2019, but that day's data is not for a full day.
- No city/country data - Locations that cannot be identified, including those clicks before October 14, 2019, will be grouped together under a "No city data" or "No country data" label.
- This could indicate there were 17 clicks from 17 different cities, 17 clicks from the same city, or something in between. Keep this in mind when analyzing your data, as they will all be grouped together.
- All other cities - Cities with fewer than five clicks will be grouped together under an "All other cities" label in the app, and an "other_city_clicks" row in the export file. This is a privacy measure to ensure any one individual's clicks cannot be tracked.