Only Bitly administrators can configure a webhook. For more detailed information about webhooks, see What are webhooks?
To configure a webhook:
- Click the Bitly menu.
- Click Manage next to the account where you'd like to set up the webhooks.
- Select the Webhooks setting.
- Click Add Webhook.
- Enter a descriptive name for the webhook. For example, to add a record to a database application, you could call it "Add to BigDatabase." Or, if you're triggering a notification, "Send notification via CRM."
- Enter the URL where the payload will be sent. This can be found in the receiving application's settings.
- Select the group that will trigger the click events.
- Select the event type to send.
- Check the box next to Activate Immediately if you'd like to set the webhook to Active as soon as you complete the next step.
- Click Add Endpoint.
Your webhook will now be displayed in the Webhook settings. You can deactivate, edit, or delete a webhook by clicking the three-dot menu at the end of the row.