To configure a webhook, you must be an admin for your Bitly account.
For more detailed information about webhooks, see What are webhooks?
To configure a webhook:
- Log in to your Bitly account.
- Click Settings in the left sidebar.
- Under Account settings, click Webhooks.
- Click Add Webhook.
- Add the required webhook endpoint information:
- Name: Be descriptive. For example, to add a record to a database application, you could call it "Add to BigDatabase." Or, if you're triggering a notification, "Send notification via CRM."
- Endpoint URL: Enter the URL where the payload will be sent. This can be found in the receiving application's settings.
- Select the group that will trigger the click events.
- Select the event type to send.
- To set the webhook to Active as soon as you complete this setup, check the Activate Immediately box.
- To include tags in the webhook event payload, check the Fetch tags box. (Learn more about what information will be delivered by the webhook on our dev site.)
- To integrate this webhook with an OAuth 2.0-compliant app, add the OAuth URL, Client ID, and Client secret.
- Click Add Endpoint.
Your webhook will now be displayed in the Webhook settings. To deactivate, edit, or delete a webhook, click the three-dot menu at the end of the row. To add a new one, come back to this page at any time and click Add webhook.