Bitly provides a complimentary custom domain to brand your links with every first-time subscription upgrade.
Keep these things in mind as you choose and set up a custom domain:
- The domain for your short links must be different than your website domain.
- It can't be more than 32 characters long, including the dot.
- If you add your own domain instead of choosing a complimentary one, you won't be able to redeem this offer later.
To get started, navigate to the Custom Domains section of your account and click Get a domain from Bitly.
Here are the steps to complete this process:
- Click the profile menu.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click Custom Domains.
- Click Get a domain from Bitly.
- Search for a custom domain. (See our list of top-level domains.)
- Once you've found the one you'd like to choose, click Select.
- Click Confirm.
Please note: Pursuant to the Bitly Domain User Agreement, you are not permitted to select a domain that infringes the trademarks or other intellectual property rights of a third party.
Your custom domain may take up to 24 hours to get verified, however, in most cases it's usually instant. Once verified, you're all set to start creating your custom branded links!