To create short links with your own brand, you'll do three things:
- Get a short custom domain of 32 characters or less, including the dot.
- Configure your domain's DNS settings to point to Bitly.
- Add the custom domain to Bitly.
If you're adding your first domain to Bitly, you can use one for free by searching our complimentary domain list. You'll be prompted to do this when you first upgrade to a paid plan, and you can also select one in your account settings.
Selecting a free domain also means you don't have to go through all the steps below to set it up.
To add a custom domain:
- Sign in to your Bitly account.
- Click the Group Selector at the top right of the page.
- Click Manage next to the account you'd like to add a domain to.
- Click Custom Domains.
- Click Add Custom Domain.
If you're purchasing your own custom domain from a provider like GoDaddy, choose a short domain with 32 characters or less, including the dot.
- If you're using a free domain from Bitly. That's it! You can skip the next few steps.
- Log in to your domain provider.
- Configure the following in your DNS settings.
- Click Next.
- Enter your custom domain.
- Click Next.
- Click Track Domain Status on the confirmation screen.
Once the domain has been verified in the Bitly system, you're ready to create branded links with your own custom domain!