If you'd like to deactivate your account please follow the instructions below. You can reactivate your account at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Login into your account and navigate to the hamburger menu in the top right hand corner. Click on the Chauncey Logo where your name and email are displayed.
- If you have logged into the Bitly platform using our Google, Facebook, or Twitter integrations, you will need to initiate a password reset from our login screen to gain an application password. This will be required to deactivate the account below. This is a known bug that our engineers are working to fix.
2) Once in 'Edit Profile' select "Deactivate Account" located at the bottom of this section.
Deactivating your account means that:
- Your account becomes inaccessible (will not be able to login, shorten, access stats, etc)
- Access to the APIs become disabled
- Any linked social media accounts are disabled
- We will not allow any new accounts to be created with the same email address or user name. (This behavior is different with account deletion. See below for details).
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address of record confirming the deactivation
Want to permanently delete your Bitly account? Go here: