Setup your domain in bitly.com
You can do this by clicking on your Group name on the upper righthand side of your Bitly account, then clicking "Manage".
Once you're in the management section, you'll see a spot for Custom Domains. In that section, click on your domain, and you'll see the below options:
- HTTPS and SSL Configuration
- HTTPS should automatically be enabled for you
- Root & 404 Redirect – here is where you can set:
- Root URL – if someone just visits your custom domain without a "/_____" where do you want them to go instead of the Bitly landing page?
- 404 URL – if someone visits spok.cc/______ and enters an invalid or uncreated keyword, where do you want them to go instead of a 404 page?
- Both of these can lead to your primary site, for example
- Mobile Behavior – only worry about this section if you have your domain connected to an app
- Only accounts with verified email addresses can set up Custom Domains. You can verify your account’s email address here.
- If you are migrating short links from another platform, contact your Customer Success Manager for options to import existing links.
- It can take up to 24 hours for domain changes to propagate across the internet. You’ll know the DNS has been set up correctly once it is listed as valid in the Bitly Advanced Settings.