No, using Bitly, which is a 301 redirect, does not hurt your SEO. Google and other leading search engines will pass PageRank value to the final destination rather than the Bitlink.
Articles in this section
- Where can I learn more about how to use Bitly?
- What is Bitly Enterprise and how is it different from the free version?
- Will the links I create on Bitly ever expire?
- Will using Bitly hurt my site’s SEO?
- How safe is Bitly?
- Can I transfer my goo.gl links / data into Bitly?
- Does Bitly have an extension and app?
- I used goo.gl through another app / software / a custom integration. Can I do the same with Bitly?
- I just shorten links to make them easier to share. Why would I want the “bells and whistles”?
- How is Bitly different from Goo.gl or other URL shorteners?