Bitly accounts can never be deleted but you can deactivate your account. If you'd like to deactivate your account please follow the instructions below. You can reactivate your account at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Login into your account and navigate to the menu button in the top right hand corner. Head to 'Settings' and then 'User Profile'
2) Once in 'User Profile' select "Deactivate Account" located under 'Change Password'
Deactivating your account means that:
- Your account becomes inaccessible (will not be able to login, shorten, access stats, etc)
- Access to the APIs become disabled
- Any linked social media accounts are disabled
- We will not allow any new accounts to be created with the same email address or user name
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address of record confirming the deactivation