Bitly deep link analytics highlight the number of places the user was directed when they clicked on your Bitlink. Bitly currently tracks App Opens, Mobile Web Visits, Store Visits. We also track the conversion metric App Installs which is number of times users download and open your app for the first time.
To check your Deep Link data for specific Bitlinks, follow these steps:
- Log into your Bitly Brand Tools account and click on "Your Bitlinks" in the left hand navigation.
- Find the Bitlink you are looking for analytics on in the list view.
- Select the Bitlink by clicking in the list view
- At the top of the detail pane, you will see the Mobile Destination analytics section which looks like:
- The Bitly SDK is required to be able to collect App Open and App Install data
- Bitly offers an Android SDK and iOS SDK.
- App Installs are based on deterministic and probabilistic counting:
- Deterministic - Matching based on unique user information like cookies and mobile identifiers
- Probabilistic - Proprietary algorithm based on different user inputs at time of click to match content on initial app open.