This feature is available with some paid plans
When you set up mobile deep linking in Bitly, your analytics can give you insight into how your links are performing when opened by mobile users. In addition to the click data you always get in Bitly, you can also track:
- App opens
- Mobile web visits
- Store visits
- App installs
The Bitly SDK is required to be able to collect app open and app install data.
To check your deep link data for specific links:
- Log in to your Bitly account.
- Go to the link with mobile deep link data you want to view.
- Scroll down to the Mobile Destination section.
App installs are defined as the first time the app is opened after being downloaded to a device. This metric is based on deterministic and probabilistic counting:
- Deterministic — Matching based on unique user information like cookies and mobile identifiers.
- Probabilistic — Proprietary algorithm based on different user inputs at the time of click to match the content on the initial app open.
When an app is deleted and reinstalled, that counts as a new app install.