Configuring two A records protects your links by adding redundancy. If there is an issue with one of the IP addresses we will automatically switch to the other one to ensure your links continue to work as expected.
Articles in this section
- What is a Custom Domain?
- How do I get a free custom domain from Bitly to brand my links?
- How to set up your custom domain in Bitly
- How to configure your DNS for your Bitly account
- How do I redirect visitors from my custom domain or an unknown URL?
- Configuring HTTPS & SSL for your Bitly custom domain
- How do I find out who my domain provider is?
- Why do I need to configure two IP addresses for my Custom Domain?
- What if I only have one A record for my Custom Domain?
- Can I use a subdomain to shorten links?