Configuring two A records protects your links by adding redundancy. If there is an issue with one of the IP addresses we will automatically switch to the other one to ensure your links continue to work as expected.
Articles in this section
- Setting up your Domain in Bitly.com
- What is a Custom Domain and how do I get one?
- How do I set up a Custom Domain?
- How do I find out who my domain provider is?
- Why do I need to configure two IP addresses for my Custom Domain?
- What if I only have one A record for my Custom Domain?
- I'm using a sub-domain as my Custom Domain, do I need to update anything?
- Common Domain Hosting Providers