When you edit a link’s back-half, previous versions of the link continue to work. When someone clicks on a previous version, they’re taken to the correct destination URL.
You can view all previous versions of a link on the Links page. You can also redirect previous versions.
To view a previous version of a link:
- Log in to your Bitly account,
- Click Links in the left sidebar.
- Find the current version of the link. Use search or filters, if necessary.
You can search for a previous back-half. This brings up the current version.
- The number of previous back-halves is displayed next to the destination URL. For example: +3 more. Click this to view previous back-halves used by the link.
- To redirect a previous back-half, click Redirect.
Note: If you redirect a back-half (whether the current one or a previous one), it’s separated out from this list into its own entry on the Links page.
Engagement data for previous back-halves
It’s no longer possible to view engagement data for individual back-halves after a link has been edited.