A QR Code created in Bitly is basically a scannable version of a short link.
Some things to know about the connection between your QR Codes and short links:
- If you edit the back-half of a link, the QR Code visual changes
- To redirect a QR Code, redirect the associated short link
- When you create a new QR Code, a short link is created for the same destination URL
- You can create a QR Code for any short link already in your account
And what about your Bitly Link-in-bio? The links on your Link-in-bio page are also short links:
- When you create a new short link, you have the option to add it to your Link-in-bio page
- When you add a link to your Link-in-bio page, you can choose to create a new link or select one you've already shortened
- If you edit a short link that also appears on your Link-in-bio page (for example, by changing the back-half), the button on your Link-in-bio page is unaffected
And, of course, any of the links from your Link-in-bio page can have a QR Code associated with them, giving you several different ways you can share the same link. If your subscription plan includes access to our advanced metrics, your scan and click data are available in the same place.