With Bitly's Mobile Optimizer you can set an alternate mobile path (a.k.a. mobile URI), Alternate Install Preference, or Alternate Install URL on any Bitlink already configured for Universal Links and/or Android App Links.
Creating Link-level Overrides
1. Ensure you have successfully set up Universal Links and/or Android for your BSD.
2. Create a Bitlink or edit an existing Bitlink.
3. Under Mobile Behavior you will see the Android and iOS apps already associated to the BSD. Choose the Edit button for the app settings you would like to override.
- NOTE: Link-level override settings can be set independently for iOS and Android apps.
- NOTE: Link-level overrides inherit the app already associated to the BSD. The link-level override app cannot be changed.
4. Enter the mobile path, Alternate Install Preference, and Alternate Install URL.
- Mobile Path: The deep link URI which provides the route to the content to be loaded in the app. This route, similar to web URLs, will have a unique structure based on how the app was built.
- NOTE: If you do not know the mobile path contact your mobile development team.
- Alternate Install Preference: The mobile experience shown to a user when the app is not already installed on the mobile device. This can be uniquely set for iOS and Android.
- OFF - User will be automatically taken to the content in mobile web.
- INTERSTITIAL - User will be taken to an interstitial on mobile web where they can choose to go to the Install URL to download the app or be taken to the content in mobile web.
- APP STORE - User will be automatically taken to the Install URL to download the app.
- Alternate Install URL: The URL that will be used when Interstitial or App Store is selected as the Install Preference.
- NOTE: The default settings for the Alternate Install Preference and Alternate Install URL are inherited from the configured app but can be updated for individual links.