This feature is available with some paid plans
With Bitly's mobile deep linking, you can set an alternate mobile path (aka mobile URI), Alternate Install Preference, or Alternate Install URL on any link already configured for Universal Links or Android App Links.
Follow these steps to:
Creating an override
Before you start: Ensure you have successfully set up Universal Links or Android App Links for your custom domain.
Overrides use the app already associated with the custom domain. They can't be associated with a different app.
- Edit the link with the mobile deep link settings you want to override.
- The Android and iOS apps associated with your custom domain are listed in the Mobile behavior section. Don't see your apps? Click Add mobile behavior to this link, select iOS or Android, select your app, then continue with step 4 in these instructions.
- Click Edit for the app settings you would like to override. Override settings can be set up independently for iOS and Android apps.
- Enter the Mobile Path, Alternate Install Preference, and Alternate Install URL. The default settings for the Alternate Install Preference and Alternate Install URL are inherited from the configured app but can be updated for individual links.
- Mobile Path: The deep link URI which provides the route to the content to be loaded in the app. This route, similar to web URLs, has a unique structure based on how the app was built. If you don't know the mobile path, contact your mobile development team
- Alternate Install Preference: The mobile experience shown to a user when the app is not already installed on the mobile device. This can be uniquely set for iOS and Android.
- Off: They'll be taken to the correct page in their mobile browser.
- Interstitial: They'll be taken to an interstitial on mobile web where they can choose to go to the Install URL to download the app or be taken to the content in mobile web.
- App store (Google Play Store or Apple App Store): They'll be taken to the Install URL to download the app. If you have multiple apps configured, they'll be taken to the listing for the first app in the list.
- Alternate Install URL: The URL that will be used when Interstitial or App Store is selected as the Install Preference.
To delete an override and revert the link to your custom domain's default deep link behavior, edit the link and click the X next to the override in the Mobile Behavior section:
You can also click Edit next to the override and then select Remove deep link override: